How to use ritual powders, ritual oils and rituals items for your Voodoo Spells, Love Spells, Magic Spells and Voodoo Ritual Spells ~ An Easy “How-To” Perform Voodoo Spells & Magical Rituals Primer by Erzulie’s Authentic Voodoo of New Orleans!
This is the section to learn more about using our Voodoo magical ritual items, candles, oils, and more! We are happy to provide some basic understanding of how to effectively use spiritual items to assist you in your spiritual work. Please read this section carefully to help you work with the Voodoo dolls, magical fetishes, ritual candles, ritual powders and spiritual ritual oils found at Erzulie’s!
To learn more about Voodoo Spells, Voodoo Powders, Voodoo Ritual Oils, Voodoo Dolls and more, check out the WORLD’S FIRST Authentic Voodoo App for iPhone and Android exclusively from Erzulie’s Authentic Voodoo of New Orleans!
HOW TO USE SPIRITUAL OILS, PERFUME OILS & RITUAL OILS
Perfume Oils, Spiritual Oils and Ritual oils or elixirs are used in many works particularly in Vodou, Voodoo, Voudou and Hoodoo as practiced in the United States. Vodou work as practiced in Haiti or the Dominican Republic may use oils but often fresh herbs are used due to the abundance of vegetation with medicinal and/or spiritual properties. Further, when ritual oils are used, the most powerful and effective are hand-made oils as opposed to manufactured ones. In the United States, most spiritual oils are manufactured although there still are a few companies that make oils by hand, especially Erzulie’s who are renowned for handcrafting all spiritual oils, elixirs and magical items. The finest spiritual oils are made with pure essential oils and sacred herbs. These tend to be a little more expensive than manufactured oils, however, due to the potency; these handcrafted items go quite a long way due to the quality of the ingredients. Manufactured oils seem to have a satisfactory level of effectiveness even though one can never be sure of the actual contents of the bottle. Spiritual oils can be used in many ways. Here are but a few examples:
- They can be worn as a scent for spiritual purpose, like our Magical Perfume Oils
- They can be wiped onto the person whom one wishes to influence
- They can be used to “dress” a candle, like our Voodoo Ritual Oils
- They can be used for Spiritual Cleansing Products like our Voodoo Ritual Bath Kits
- They can be used in cleansing, love drawing or protection Voodoo spells
- They can be used in a work lamp, the bend or influence another
- They can be used in conjunction with other magical items to create a focal point for the work
Spiritual oils that are worn as perfume are for very specific purposed. For example, wearing a Come to Me oil or Seduction Oil is intended to attract love or a certain lover. Wearing a Commanding Oil is intended to help the wearer command the person or situation s/he intends. Renew Oil is to calm and heal, Abundance Oil is to draw wealth and prosperity, Road Opening oil is intended to clear up the problems in your path, and so on.
If the spiritual oil and elixirs are already hand-crafted for specific spiritual purpose, please just apply like you would any perfume or fragrance and FOCUS on why you are wearing that spiritual oil to help bring about your desires.
Similarly, one can surreptitiously wipe the oil(s) onto the person one wishes to influence such as with our Flames of Passion or Come to Me Oils. To do this, subtly dab a bit on the person you are trying to influence.
HOW TO DRESS AND WORK WITH RITUAL CANDLES & LAMP SPELLS
Dressing a candle or a “light,” as they are called in New Orleans, is not a complicated matter. If using a jar candle (a.k.a. 7 day Candle), carve the name of the person whom one wishes to influence into the wax, pour the oil(s) on top while making the petition for one’s desire. Simply dressing a candle, however, does not ensure the success of one’s endeavor. The candle (now a focal point) must be “worked,” that is to say that each day one must talk with one’s spirit about the issue.
- When working with ritual candles (figure, cat, skull, etc.), ritual oils and ritual powder you must first carve the purpose or name of the person you are trying to influence into the correct ritual candle or place your petition underneath the candle on some natural paper (parchment, fiber paper, etc.) Pour the Ritual Oil on your hands and rub together, then sprinkle the ritual powder on top of the oil on your hands, rub your hands together and pat this mixture on the actual candle each day you go to perform ritual work. Thisallows for the most powerful and effective results.
- Oil lamps are used a good deal in Haitian Vodou, they combine many elements such as spiritual oils, wicks, powders and sacred herbs, etc. They are an excellent tool for focusing the Lwa’s and one’s own energy on one objective. Spiritual oils are used as an ingredient in the lamps to help influence the situation. We can customize Spiritual Work Lamps for any need, simple contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your details.
HERE’S A SIMPLE CANDLE WORK TO DRAW LOVE:
Get a red or pink candle and carve the name of the person you desire all over the candle. Rub the candle with Come to Me, Ezili Freda Love Oil, or Love Drawing
Oil. After the candle is well covered with oil, take a piece of wax paper or plastic wrap and spread it out big enough to roll the candle on the paper. Sprinkle the wax paper with love powder, catnip, crushed red rose petals, and bergamot. Roll the candle in the powder and herbs until it is well covered. Make your prayers
and light the candle. Pray over the candle each day to ask spirit to help you get the one you love.
Please review the detailed copy for each item in our Magical Ritual Items Section to browse the best candles, spiritual oils and ritual powders for your spiritual needs.
HOW TO USE MAGICAL FETISHES & VOODOO DOLLS
Magical fetishes, Gris-Gris Bags, Voodoo Dolls serve as a focus or nexus with the spirits you are working with to affect the desired changes in your life. Since everything at Erzulie’s is already hand-crafted, ritualized and consecrated, most of the spiritual work is completed for you.
Your role in affecting changes in your life with the use of our magical items centers around your focus, prayers and including the fetish in your daily routine. Please remember, your intent, will, focus and consistency of working with any magical item makes the difference.
It is always important to anoint your magical fetish as soon as you bring it home; you can use the spiritual oils and powders that are included in some of our ritual kits or with your favorite oils or scents. Also, you want to personalize your fetish with your favorite charms, sample of your hair, favorite colors, photo, etc. to connect the spirit to you.
Consistency in using Magical fetishes, Gris-Gris Bags & Voodoo Dolls is very important as well, you want to use it each day until your petition is granted with prayers, talking to spirit, focusing on the changes you are seeking and meditative time to help facilitate these changes. Place your magical item somewhere special in your home to have access to the spirit anytime you need additional divine intervention.
If you are not very experienced with using Voodoo Ritual Items or creating your own Voodoo Spells or Rituals, it is ALWAYS best to have one of our initiated Vodou Practitioners perform your Voodoo Spells or Work Lamps for you while you work with your very own Voodoo Spell Kit! We sincerely hope this simple primer on How To Use Spiritual Oils, Voodoo Ritual Oils, Voodoo Ritual Powders & Voodoo Dolls & Magical Fetishes helps you learn more about Voodoo Magic!